Music fans everywhere are wetting themselves in anticipation for this fall. Why? Because fall (in the United States at least) is a huge concert season! Our favorites are all coming to town and that means it's time to start thinking about what to where to all these great shows! Girls, our biggest problem is always how to look cute while still being realistic.
What you wear has to be functional and comfortable, because after all, you're going to a concert! What kind of show you're going to will dictate some aspectes of your outfit, like bags and whatnot. But since the shows I go to are a lot of this:
And not so much of this:
I'll be focusing on how to be comfortable, keep track of your things, and keep your hands free to fist pump, flash some metal horns and just be generally more relaxed during your show.
These are both actual outfits of mine and below each picture will be a description and some tips for success!
I wore this outfit to Fall Out Boy in June. It's not necessarily ideal if you live somewhere with much cooler weather, but it was perfect for me for a few reasons:
1. Comfortable shoes. This is exceedingly necessary. You're going to be standing for a long time! My go-to is Vans.
2. Thin, long-sleeve layer. I wore a camo button up shirt over my crop top to keep me warmer outside the theater. The Seattle water front is a bit chilly, even in the summer. During the show, I took it off and tied it around my waist so I wouldn't have to hold it.
3. Multi-functional wallet. I used a wristlet and my shorts had deep pockets to hold my phone. But something like the one pictured is perfect. The strap is very important too. Hook it around a belt-loop and slip it in your pocket. Gauranteed to not get lost while you're jumping and dancing around like a giddy fool.
This is what I plan to wear when I see four of my favorite bands on the House Party Tour this Tuesday!!! The wallet and the shoe choice tips are equally as important. There are a few more tips to be noted in this outfit though:
1. Pants for the weather. Apparently it's supposed to be chilly and there's a chance of rain in Seattle for Tuesday (what's new?) so I'm planning for a bit of warmth with some style! I just got those pants pictured above and I can't wait to wear them. I wore shorts to FOB because it was pretty warm outside still. It's all about planning ahead.
2. A bandana. I just bought one of these and I love it. They're a really inexpensive way to keep hair out of your face, soak up sweat, and look super cool at the same time.
So good luck to all the fine, punk rock bitches out there. May the music be with you. No matter what you wear, wear it with pride. Be confident in yourself and above all else, HAVE A GREAT TIME.
See you in the pit!
What shows are you going to this fall?!